Wednesday, October 20, 2004

"Rain"

It never rains in California.

Riiiiight...

We got hit with a pretty hefty storm yesterday and today. Some of the mountains around Los Angeles got hit with 11"! We got close to 3". This is the first measurable rain Southern California has gotten since April. This storm reminds me of the last big El NiƱo season we had.

It rained and rained... and rained.
Did I mention that it rained?


Rain can be a very good thing here. It just sucks large when it all comes at once!

The bad side of rain in Southern California:
  • Idiot drivers that can't even drive when it's sunny, let alone when it rains
  • Mudslides
  • Flooded streets
  • Roofs that cave in
  • One hour to drive 11 miles

Yup, I witnessed four of the five today. People were driving 90 mph in their behemoth SUVs, the streets were flooded up to the door sills on my car, the ceiling in the men's room at work collapsed into the commode and it took me one hour to drive the 11 miles between home and work.

I'm not bitching... No really...

3 Comments:

Blogger CynLynn said...

Yes, well, he's not very bright. He's left his email address up on the web for every spider bot to find.

10:49 PM  
Blogger CynLynn said...

...or not.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

I promise, I'm not a spammer. But I am a fellow Californian. And, yeah, the rains, OMG, the rains. Aren't they coming back tomorrow or something??

Here's my "rain stories" on my blog ...
http://nicehat.com/blog/index.php?p=157

Didn't you know? Bohemoth SUVs=invincibility!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home