Sunday, October 03, 2004

"The Weekend's Over"

I somehow managed to spend my three day weekend doing nothing.

I was going to go to my folks' house yesterday to help my dad buy and install a DVD burner. My dad was feeling under the weather.
That didn't happen.

I was going to go down to the evil Garage-pile to get rid of a bunch of stuff.
That didn't happen.

I was going to work on one of my old radios.
That didn't happen.

I was going to go to Fry's Electronics and buy some new IDE cables and an external harddrive kit.
That didn't happen.

I did manage to watch some TV and do some major Internet surfing.

Did I learn anything? Not really.

I'll tell you what... I do feel better.

Oh wait! I did do some major geeking out last night. I downloaded a stand-alone version of Linux called KNOPPIX 3.6. You download the ISO file, burn it to a CD, then boot from that CD. You don't need a harddrive, nor do you need to install anything. It works as a demo, a full version, or even a great recovery tool in case you've downloaded Windows XP SP2 and your PC has crashed. (I can just
hear Cyn's eyes rolling!). If you just want a taste of Linux without the hassle of installing it, this is the version for you!

We're working on a few of Cyn's shows for Radio Enigma. I showed her how to EQ her voice in Cool Edit Pro and now she's doing all of the editing. Very cool! Hell, I better be careful not to show her
all of my tricks. LOL

4 Comments:

Blogger CynLynn said...

There are MORE tricks to learn...??

5:39 AM  
Blogger CynLynn said...

Where's my comment ?? I left a comment.

5:41 AM  
Blogger CynLynn said...

Nevermind. :-p

Boy, are you gonna get fooled when you see all these comments.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Johnny VW said...

Oh, there are a few tricks left. ;-)

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home