Sunday, October 10, 2004

"Lazy Sunday"

The day started with my Darlin' Cyn snuggled very tightly next to me. I woke up with the biggest grin. I lay there drifting in and out of sleep as the sun tried to break through the clouds.

Absolutely nothing was planned for today. The day was ahead of us to do whatever we wanted, or nothing at all.

We did nothing, which is what we wanted to do. Not really, but the lazies got us in a bad way.

I started sifting through my 78s about four hours ago, trying to put together another show. I found a few gems in the collection that I had forgotten about. I even found a few that I didn't know I had. I found a Fats Domino 78 and several Doo-Wop 78s. I cleaned the fifty-some years of dirt, dust and grime from them and they sound pretty good!

I started listening to them. One after the other. Right now, I'm listening to a Buddy Johnson 78. Next up, Oscar Peterson.

Here's a picture of some of my 78s and the Dual 1218 I use to record them:


Johnny's 78s Posted by Hello


Dual 1218 Posted by Hello

Here's the Victor Victrola VV-VI I use to listen to the 78s from the 1910s and 1920s:


Victrola VV-VI Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger CynLynn said...

You sure do have OLD stuff.

3:42 AM  
Blogger CynLynn said...

Well, darn it all. Guess that's why you like having me around. ;)

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home