Monday, September 27, 2004

"A Hard Day" or "The New Guy"

A little History:

I worked for a major aerospace company for 17+ years, and after they laid me off, I got another job fixing the machines I used to work on at said aerospace company.

Fast forward one year:

Today is Monday. It started out OK (for a Monday).

I was working on a large format printer near John Wayne Airport.

My cell phone rang.

It was my dispatch operator asking when I was going to make it to the above aerospace company.

I told him, "In about an hour. Why?"

I did have an open call there and was going there anyway... Well, another machine broke there and they were going to send the new guy, Bumblefuck, to "make an appearance" until I showed up.

Well, that's exactly what they did. They sent Bumblefuck.

Now, you have to understand something about me. I'm too damn nice to people. It can be a good trait, but it also can kick me in the posterior... and usually does.

I get to Cogswell Cogs at about 10:45am. BF is there with scraps of paper and mylar up to his shins with a dumber than usual look on his face. I just wheeled my tool cart in and started in on the machine I was assigned to.

The Kip 2710 I was working on has an intermittant problem and I thought I had fixed it four months ago. I was under some pressure to get it up and running post haste. BF starts bugging me about his problems. I don't mind helping, but Jesus Holy Christ on a Bumper Sticker! The boy has got to start thinking for himself! I am not a fucking encyclopedia and I am not paid enough to train this doofus. Read the goddamned manual you waste of my time. I'm loosing my hair fast enough without your help!

At about 4:30, I told him, "Enough! I'm going home and we'll continue this tomorrow." I packed up my tools (and my manual) and started out to the parking structure.

I dialed my Sweetheart on the cell phone to let her know that I was on my way home from Long Beach. I got to the elevator at the parking structure and pushed the "Up" button. I'm still talking to Cyn on the phone, still waiting for the elevator, and who walks up? You guessed it! Bumblefuck!

The elevator arrives, we get in and the door takes a long time to close. The elevator starts dinging and BF starts cursing. I'm on the phone with Cyn... He doesn't know who I'm on the phone with, but that doesn't matter... He started calling the elevator a "piece of fucking shit" and starts slamming the "6" button. I looked at him with an odd look. He didn't notice. He didn't care. It was all about him.

We got to the sixth floor where our cars were parked. Cyn could tell that my mood changed drastically. I went from a happy to a foul mood in six floors. He started rambling and ranting as he walked to his car. I hung up the phone with Cyn and tried to calm BF down. He didn't want anything to do with it. I just got in my car and started to drive home.

My mood changed back to happy when I got home, thanks to my Darlin' Cyn. Thank you Darlin'!

3 Comments:

Blogger Johnny VW said...

Yeah, Darlin'... It really was that bad of a day.

AND, this Blog thing is pretty cool!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Eury said...

Was fun reading about your day even though it was a pretty "crappy" day.. because of BF. People like that just suck out every last drop of everyone else's energy.

5:45 AM  
Blogger arsifoofoo said...

That guy used to work with me!!

"Jesus Holy Christ on a Bumper Sticker!"...I will use this line today. Classic.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home