Tuesday, September 28, 2004

"The Day After Yesterday"

Tuesday.

Sounds innocent enough, right?

My alarm went off at 6:00, 6:09, 6:18, 6:27, 6:36, and 6:45. Cyn's went off at 7:00.

I got out of bed.

I stumbed to the kitchen to make coffee.

I drank coffee.

I showered, got dressed, kissed Cyn, then, "ring! ring! ring!"

(I can't even kiss the wife without work interrupting!)

My dispatch guy called to tell me that he was sending BF to another call and that I'd be working with Rodger today at Cogswell Cogs.

"Hurray!!!"

OK, I did leave a little late today. 10 minutes. 10 measly little minutes. 600 seconds. 1/6 of an hour.

Just as I'm rounding the corner to my office, "ring! ring! ring!"

My boss up in Kirkland, WA starts blithering on about how busy we are, how many calls we have open, and that I'm "just now getting into the office." Blah, blah, blah...

I was so shocked... no, pissed about what was coming into my ear that I just clammed up. It's probably a good thing I did. If I had said what I was thinking, I would have been fired on the spot. He had the cajones to bitch about me being a little late after what I was put through yesterday.

Wonderful. Just fucking wonderful.

Well, I wasn't my usual charming self today. Strictly business.

I got the stupid plotter working at Cogswell in about an hour. I ate lunch at the cafeteria, called dispatch and left for Riverside.

Riverside is 44 miles away. (That's over an hour for you folks outside of California.)

I got there at 2:30. I worked on a HP 1050C for three hours and left for home.

I called Cyn to let her know that I was going to be slightly late getting home.

We decided that Chinese take-out was in order.

I got to the Chinese restaurant at 6:30, and got home at 7:00.

I sent a not-too-terribly-angry email to my boss, ate Chinese food, then sat down to write this.

Cyn's voting at Worth right now and I'm about to stop writing this.

Yes, that will do.

3 Comments:

Blogger CynLynn said...

I think writing is good therapy for you, John. You have definitely calmed down. Sooo...can I tell you what I think of your boss now ?? ;)

9:15 PM  
Blogger Johnny VW said...

Oh... alright...

9:21 PM  
Blogger Johnny VW said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home