Thursday, November 25, 2004

"Happy Thanksgiving!"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Cyn and I are going to my folks' house for dinner tonight. Just a quick 25 mile hop on the Interstate.

It's going to be a small crowd this year. Only about 40. LOL Yeah, I come from a fairly large Irish-Catholic family.

My dad's doing his annual rotisserie turkey and my mom's doing the side dishes... and major "supervising." The food's always great and the "show" between my mom and dad is always... Um, entertaining. LOL

We used to have Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparents' house, but they both are getting too old to host such a large gathering. My folks' house isn't near as big as my grandparents', so it feels like there are more people than there really are.


Hope everyone's safe and happy!

6 Comments:

Blogger CynLynn said...

I especially like it when your parents are talking to one another and having two entirely different conversations... totally oblivious to what the other is saying. It's hilarious.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Johnny VW said...

Dinner and a show! :-)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Galoot said...

Hmmm. The election ends and now we get to see what's *really* important in your world. Food. First ham and now turkey. :D

On a different note, have a good trip. Try not to go ape-shit crazy for those 18 days. Of if you do, update your blog and share the fun.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Johnny VW said...

LOL Yeah, I think I do have a food thing going on!

I will be posting here from Virginia.

2:51 PM  
Blogger CynLynn said...

You haven't posted here once since you've been gone.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Johnny VW said...

No, I guess I haven't posted since I left... I'm working on something right now.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home